Sunday 6 October 2013

Pippa Roberts: About Fabien Oefner - Projects that Bring Together Art and Science

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that I have been gone for a while. I've been writing - but travelling a lot. I'm now paying Gill to type my scripts and stories, as I've suddenly realised that the brake on my work is actually the amount of time it takes me to type something. (I'm only a self taught typist, and could be much faster.) I also have Pauline, managing my admin, and work is coming in quite steadily. I think I'm the sort of person who works well as part of a team, so these arrangements suit me.

As I'm writing plays and stories with real science in them I am naturally very interested in any other projects that bring together art and science. A new TED talk has been posted today, that brings them together in the most stunning way. Photographer, Fabien Oefner, takes photos of crystals interacting with sound waves; paint mixing with magnetic liquid, and whisky catching fire - though he stops after one demo as he says a lot of people would argue he should be drinking the whisky. He's fun. :D The video is well worth watching. Have a look at:

http://on.ted.com/oefner

Now, I'd better get back to work, or maybe some serious relaxation. I had an incredibly long day yesterday - and the day before (6.30am to 8.30pm) travelling around on public transport, chasing poetry events in little villages and towns. :D) They've been a great couple of days, but I have to admit to being slightly tired!

See you all again soon,

Pippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment